Modified 17-May-08
Created 20-Jan-07
23 photos

This is located on the Princes Highway between Sydenham & St. Peters, surrounded by fast food joints, industrial buildings and noisy traffic.
It's one of the oldest churches in Sydney, and the large graveyard was used from 1839 to 1896, with 2,515 people buried, mostly children. Some of the trees may have been planted as seedlings on the graves, as they are in alignment. As with most historical sites in this area, the graveyard is neglected.